Travel Days 23 - 25

My final days in London where I'm so fortunate to be able to stop with Ian and Lone, I have so appreciated their hospitality. Wednesday was a lovely day spent with their four grandchildren Mia, Archie, Oliver and Benji - they're ages are very similar to Lily and Tyler's and they're all great kids. 

Thursday I have the bike a thorough clean and went to the shops and finished outfitting myself with some more new clothes and on Friday I popped along to Kingston before collecting a bike box from the local bike shop on the way back.

Friday afternoon I weighed the bike, box and my gear to ensure the bike box was close to the 25 kg baggage limit. Which it is at 25.8 kg and hopefully I won't get penalised for the extra 0.8 kg. The rest of my gear (including the new wardrobe) comes in under the 7 kg cabin luggage limit.

Friday night Lone and I went to the West End and saw Tina - The Tina Turner Musical. It was " Simply the Best" and I loved it.

Saturday, I went and bought some Mandarins and some chocolate brownie to take on the flight with me (the brownie is something nice to have with a cuppa and the mandarins I find are great mouth fresheners on long flights). I do this coz the airline is not like it used to be.

In the afternoon we took the train to Mile End and met Ian's nephew for lunch at a pub before going on to the London Stadium to watch West Ham play Manchester City and although I'm not watcher of live rugby or anything for that matter I do thoroughly enjoy going along with Ian and 60,000 other fans to watch an English football match.

Manchester City are currently the top team however West Ham did well against them with a final score of 3:1. The atmosphere and enthusiasm of the supporters is what makes for a great event.

The cab is booked for 5:00 a.m. Sunday.





Comments

  1. Sounds like you have had a great few days & to watch a game like that would have been amazing 😊 love ya sporty niece x travel well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Day 1

Travel Day 5

Day 52 - Little Malvern to Hereford - Ride total 3,780 k, 24,250 m