Travel Day 1

 An early start at 2:45 a.m. to head to the airport at 3:30 and I'm super fortunate to have Mike my neighbour take me to the airport in his van which is just ideal for a bike box. And yes, that is correct my neighbour took me to the airport! How lucky am I to have neighbour's like this.

Arrived in Melbourne at 8:00 and have had a seven hour wait for our flight to Abu Dhabi. Peter met up with airside and we'll travel the next two legs of the journey through to Rome together.

Note to self and others: take an old tea towel as cabin luggage. That way when you have a long wait in transit you've got something better than three chux cloths to dry yourself off after having a shower. A shave, a fresh set of undies and tee shirt and you feel fresh again. Then it's off to the duty free store to "freshen up" a little (I now smell like a cologne cocktail"...

Why the tea towel? That is something that can go in the bin along with the across Tasman undies, sox and tee shirt


Here's our draft route from Rome to Paris to Calais before we pop across to the UK. 

https://cycle.travel/map/journey/548072

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Day 5

Travel Day 3